INF-2300 Computer Communication - 10 ECTS
Knowledge - The student has:
- an in-depth knowledge of challenges and solutions related to providing reliable communication between computers
- an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the layered Internet architecture, services related to each layer, current communication protocols, and available solutions
- knowledge about approaches to develop network centric applications using application level protocols
Skills - The student can:
- design and implement network protocols that enable communication between computers
- use, design and implement application level protocols
- design and implement network centric applications using application level protocols
- use web-entric protocols (web-services) in the development of such applications
General competence - The student:
- understands how network protocols work, are defined and are used
- can grasp the concept of a layered architecture and its advantages
- understands the concept of network centric applications and the role of a client and a server with such applications
This course is available for inbound exchange students.
This course has recommended academic prerequisites. Please see the «Prerequisite» section for more information.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412.
A 4 hours final written exam counting 100%. Approved assignments give access to the final written exam.
Grade scale: Letter grades A-E, F - fail.
The coursework includes up to 4 written assignments graded Approved / Not Approved, and the number of assignments is stated at the start of the semester.
Re-sit examination: Given early in the following semester. The re-sit exam is for those who did not get a passed grade on the last ordinary examination. It will be arranged a 4 hour written exam counting 100%. To get access to the re-sit examination the student must have passed the course requirements.
Postponed examination: Given early in the following semester. It will be arranged a 4 hour written exam counting 100%. To get access to the postponed examination the student must have passed the course requirements.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: INF-2300
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for informatikk