INF-2700 Database Systems - 10 ECTS
Knowledge; students should understand
- theory of the relational data model,
- application database design and implementation,
- physical data management and query processing,
- transaction processing, concurrency control and crash recovery.
Skills; students should be able to
- design application databases with entity-relationship modeling and schema normalization,
- implement application databases with SQL,
- implement some system-level elements of database management systems, for example, in-memory and on-disk data processing, query processing and transaction processing.
- Students should be more competent in system-level programming.
- Students should have better understanding in system performance issues in general and database performance issues in particular.
This course is available for inbound exchange students.
This course has recommended academic prerequisites. Please see the «Prerequisite» section for more information.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412.
A 4 hour final written exam counting 100%. Approved assignments give access to the final written exam.
Grading scale: Letter grades A-E, F - Fail.
Course requirements: The coursework includes up to 3 written assignments graded Approved / Not approved.
Re-sit examination: Given early in the following semester. The re-sit exam is for those who did not get a passed grade on the last ordinary examination. It will be arranged a 4 hour written exam counting 100%. To get access to the re-sit examination the student must have passed the course requirements..
Postponed examination: Given early in teaching free semester. It will be arranged a 4 hour written exam counting 100%. To get access to the postponed examination in the teaching free semester the student must have passed the course requirements.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: INF-2700
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for informatikk