INF-3201 Parallel Programming - 10 ECTS
Knowledge - The student has knowledge of
- parallel programming concepts.
- various approaches to typical issues of parallel performance.
- parallel programming techniques.
- parallel algorithms.
- parallel architectures and their performance implications.
Skills - The student can
- develop parallel applications.
- utilize parallel programming languages, environments and toolboxes on different parallel platforms.
General competence - The student can
- understand typical issues of parallel performance and techniques to deal with the issues.
- understand pros and cons of different parallel programming techniques and parallel architectures.
This course is available for inbound exchange students.
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements, including prerequisites. Please see the Admission requirements" and the "Prerequisite" sections for more information.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412.
A 4 hour final written exam counting 100%. Approved assignments give access to the final written exam.
Grading scale: Letter grades A-E, F - Fail.
Course requirements: The coursework includes up to 4 written assignments graded Approved / Not approved.
Re-sit examination: It will not be given a re-sit exam in the teaching free semester for this course, unless a postponed exam already is arranged (conditional re-sit exam). To get access to the exam in the teaching free semester the student must have passed the course requirements.
Postponed examination: Given early in teaching free semester. It will be arranged a 4 hour written exam counting 100%. To get access to the exam in the teaching free semester the student must have passed the course requirements.
For further details see:
- Utfyllende bestemmelser for eksamener ved Fakultet for naturvitenskap og teknologi (only in Norwegian)
- Regulations for studies and examinations at the UiT
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: INF-3201
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for informatikk