RUS-3041 Practical Russian 1 - 5 ECTS
A bachelor's degree (180 ECTS), or equivalent qualification, in Russian or Russian Studies (with specialization in Russian) with a minimum of 80 ECTS in the Russian coursework. An average grade equivalent to C or better in the Bachelor degree is required. For more information, please contact the Student Advisor.
Application Code: 9371
After completing the course the students have the following knowledge and abilities:
The students have:
- knowledge about complex grammatical constructions in Russian
- knowledge about the stylistic techniques that characterize various genres
The students are:
- able to translate advanced texts into Russian and discuss current events in Russian
- able to carry out oral presentations in Russian
The semester is divided into three sections of 5 weeks each. Teaching and lectures will vary between the different sections.
Teaching will be in the form of weekly translation assignments and conversation exercises. The students will submit a translation assignment weekly for 15 weeks for correction and feedback.
Teaching consists of approximately 2-3 hours per week for 15 weeks.
Quality assurance of the course: The course will be evaluated once every third year.
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements, including prerequisites. Please see the Admission requirements" and the "Prerequisite" sections for more information.
Do you have questions about this course? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412
The following coursework requirements must be approved in order to take the final exam:
- 8 out of 12 written assignments must be submitted by the given weekly deadline and must be approved, and one oral presentation must be approved during the semester.
- An oral test consisting of a conversation with the texts on the syllabus as a starting point and translation of a Russian text into Norwegian or English.
Performance in the course will be assessed with pass/fail, provided that the coursework requirements have been approved.
A re-sit examination is offered in the event of an fail grade. The deadline to register for a re-sit examination is January 15th for the autumn semester and August 15th for the spring semester.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: RUS-3041
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for språk og kultur