STE-3602 Embedded Systems - 5 ECTS
The main goal of this course is to give an introduction to embedded system design which can be implemented using microcontrollers/microprocessors. In this course, students will learn to program the processors embedded in electronic devices. At the end of this course, students will be able to use embedded programming techniques to implement guidance, navigation and control systems for aerospace applications.
- Introduction to the Course and Embedded Systems
- Introduction to embedded programming in C
- finite state machines and statecharts.
- real-time operating systems
- embedded communication and interfacing
- microcontroller architectures: ARM-Cortex
- sensors and actuators
- Implementation of guidance, navigation and control algorithms
This course is oriented towards embedded systems and embedded programming. It presents in details the different parts of an embedded system based on microcontrollers and microprocessors. The embedded systems contains both hardware and software components and therefore a hardware/software co-design will be also mentioned. The course will give a basic knowledge on specification methods, design representations as well as related design methods.
- Review and evaluate hardware and software platforms for Embedded Systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of microprocessor design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of embedded programming.
- Program guidance, navigation and control algorithms and run these on microcontrollers/microprocessors.
- Understanding how to build embedded systems for various applications, especially for aerospace applications.
Course work requirement:
Individual project run by the students, which must be submitted in prior to the oral examination. A hard deadline and format for submission will be specified by the lecturer.
Examination and assessment:
Oral examination (M).
Scale of grading: A - F, where F is fail.
There will not be arranged a re-sit exam for this course.
- About the course
- Campus: Narvik |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: STE-3602
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for elektroteknologi