SVF-3207 Resilience - 10 ECTS
- has advanced knowledge within the historical, theoretical and methodological foundations of the concept of resilience, illustrated with many case studies in a multidisciplinary spirit.
- has an in-depth knowledge of the existing literature on resilience.
- with the help of case studies on different dimensions of resilience, the student has knowledge of the concrete application areas of the concept of resilience, and thereby has developed a critical understanding on how to formulate interesting research problems and questions in this field.
- has knowledge of the concept of critical infrastructure, and how resilience is related to it.
- can critically analyse and apply the theoretical framework and methodological tools to do independent research on resilience, using qualitative, semi-quantitative and quantitative methods from social sciences, psychology, engineering, economics, or environmental sciences, or different combinations thereof.
- has a basis to work independently in practical fields within communities, administration, institutions and companies where resilience management is becoming increasingly popular.
- can apply its knowledge on advanced projects and contribute to innovation within the field.
5 hours written examcounting 100 %. Letter grades A - E, F fail.
Re-sit exam will be arranged early in the following semester for students that failed the regular exam or had documented legitimate absence.
Lectures and exam will be given in the English language. Exam to be answered in the English language.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: SVF-3207
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for teknologi og sikkerhet