STV-3005 International Politics - 10 ECTS
Admission requirement is a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science, European Studies or another relevant subject.
The minimum average grade requirement is:
- C - for bachelor`s degree or equivalent issued in Europe, Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand
- B - for bachelor`s degree or equivalent issued in all other countries
The course requires solid competence in reading and writing English.
Application code: 9371.
Students who have successfully completed the course should have achieved the following learning outcomes: Knowledge and understanding
- solid grounding in the discipline¿s central theoretical ideas and approaches and how to apply them to the study of international politics.
- able to work independently - and employ relevant scholarly foundations - to address a variety of analytical challenges
- able to critically evaluate existing theories, methods and interpretations within the study of international politics
- able to apply scholarly knowledge critically, including reflection on his or her own scholarly practice
- able to take the initiative to apply knowledge to new domains
- able to formulate and structure complex scholarly arguments.
- able to continue systematically the development of his or her own scholarly grounding and specialisation
- able to communicate research issues, questions, analyses and conclusions pertaining to his or her field with both specialists and lay-people
- able to participate in public debate on the basis of relevant knowledge from his or her field.
The exam has two components:
- A take-home exam on an assigned topic of up to 2.000 words to be completed in the course of a week. Students may take the opportunity to write the exam together in which case the maximum word-count will be 3000.
- A three-hour University-based, closed-book examination.The two components are give equal weight in evaluation and the assignement of the final grade.
The Grade-scale goes from A (tope score) to E (pass) and F (fail). A re-sit exam will be arranged for this course.
Deadline for register for re-sit exams is January 15 for spring semester and August 15 for autumn semester. Both home and school exam must be submitted.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: STV-3005
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for samfunnsvitenskap