BIO-3529 Academic skills - 5 ECTS
The course is a multi-disciplinary master course for students in natural sciences. This course is recommended during the 1st or the 2nd semester of the master program. The maximum limit of participants is 30.
The course can be taken as a singular course. 9371 - enkeltemner på masternivå
A candidate who has completed his or her qualification should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- communicate research both in written and oral formats
- know the structure of a scientific writing and the writing process
- basic presentation techniques
- critical and ethical use of references and other research material
- prepare and present research results both in written and oral formats in an engaging and understandable way
- learn to give constructive feed-back to your peers on their writing and presentations refine your scientific English skills
- how to conduct scientific searches
- how to use a reference tool (EndNote) when writing
- plan, evaluate and edit your own scientific text
- prepare and present a scientific presentation at scientific conferences
- understand the relationship between knowledge and communicating knowledge
Exam: Give a 10 minutes presentation of master project description, plus 15 minutes oral examination. Grade: Pass/Fail.
1) Obligatory attendance on 80% of lectures. 2) Obligatory attendance in group-work assignments and submit your (tentative) project description. 3) Give a 10 minute presentation of your (tentative) master-project.
Re-sit: There will not be a re-sit exam in this course.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: BIO-3529
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for arktisk og marin biologi
- Course dates