EOM-3010 Project Paper in Energy, Climate and Environment - 10 ECTS
The course is only available to students on the Master's degree programme in energy, climate and environment. It is not available to any other category of students as a singular or elective course.
The project has to be approved by the Programme Board. Application for approval must be submitted to the Programme Board within a deadline, which is normally 1 September in the fall semester and 1 February in the spring semester. Students apply by handing in a supervision contract along with a project description. Students must register to the exam as for ordinary courses.
Knowledge - The student can :
- develop and carry out a research project in natural science
- develop relevant and realistic research questions
- use theories that are relevant to their individual project
- use methods that are adequate for the individual project
- discuss and report the results of the study in a scientific way in relation to relevant literature in the field
Skills - The student can:
- evaluate and analyse real and/ or simulated data
- evaluate and analyse theories, methods and experiments that are published in journals
- work independently with practical and theoretical problem solutions
General expertise - The student can:
- display good communication skills in writing and presentation of scientific work, both for a general public and for specialists in the field
- follow the code of ethics and rules of conduct in scientific work
The exam is comprised of submission of the project paper within a given deadline. The deadline for submission is normally 1 June in the spring semester and 15 December in the fall semester.
Grading scale: "Pass" / "Fail".
Only if a project paper is graded "Fail", may the paper be resubmitted in revised form. A new deadline for submission will be given. The new deadline for the project paper is 4 weeks from the point in time when the candidate was informed about the exam result. If the project paper receives the grade "Fail" a second time, the student can apply to the Programme Board for a new project.
If a medical certificate is provided, the student may be given a postponed deadline for submitting the project paper according to regulations in section 21 of Regulations for examinations at UiT The Arctic University of Norway. If there are compelling grounds for postponed submission, the student can apply for up to a 4 weeks extension of the submission deadline. The Programme Board will handled the application.
Non-submission of project paper:
If a project paper is not submitted within the given deadline and an application for postponement has not been granted, the project paper will be reported as not being submitted ("Ikke møtt"). Also, if the candidate submits a blank answer paper, or a paper which clearly does not constitute an academic attempt, she/he is also regarded as having withdrawn from the examination ("Ikke møtt"). The student can then apply to the Programme Board for a new project.
For further information, see:
- https://uit.no/Content/282804/Utfyllende bestemmelser for prosjektoppgaver og sp esialpensa ved Fakultet for naturvitenskap og teknologi.pdfUtfyllende bestemmelser for prosjektoppgaver og spesialpensum
- https://uit.no/utdanning/art?p_document_id=347697&dim=179018Regulations for examinations at the UiT The arctic university of Norway for more information.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: EOM-3010
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for fysikk og teknologi