INE-3611 Virtual Manufacturing - 5 ECTS
The course gives students insights of fundamentals of manufacturing system simulation and advanced simulation methods and tools. Exercises are provided for mastering those methods and tools within the Virtual Manufacturing Laboratory/visualization centre and verified within the Machining Laboratory.
Knowledge base of VM is enlarged through use of advanced designing, programming and production simulating methods and tools.
Project based course will cover "in general" problems of modern enterprises and provide the solutions from the field of the industrial engineering.
Manufacturing "know how" is extended with use of most modern CNC machine tools for parts production and Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) for parts evaluation and finally automated systems for mechanical assembly.
Knowledge and understanding:
- The student should have knowledge about CAM systems and their integration with manufacturing equipment.
- The student should have knowledge about subtractive manufacturing.
- The student should be able to use advanced programming tools for subtractive manufacturing and CNC machining.
- The student should have an overview of advanced computer-aided manufacturing and know possibilities and limitations of modern programming tools.
- The student should have general competence about modelling and optimization in modern manufacturing.
- About the course
- Campus: Narvik |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: INE-3611
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for industriell teknologi