TEK-3603 Optimization and Control - 10 ECTS
- Ability to formulate appropriate engineering problems as amathematical optimization problem.
- Ability to analyze and solve an optimization problem; inparticular linear programs (LP), quadratic problems (QP) andnonlinear programs (NP).
- Ability to analyze and design optimization-based controllers(model predictive controllers (MPC)).
- Ability to design an appropriate Kalman filter for stateestimation.
- Ability to identify multivariable control problems.
- Solve suitable optimization problems using Matlab.
- Use optimization and Kalman filter in controllers.
- Understand relevant definitions and terms.
- Communicate with others in the field. - Conscious attitude towards the use of optimization within engineering.
Coursework: Approved assignments.
Exam: The exam consists of the following parts
- Project with report (30%)
- Oral exam (70%).
Assessment: Letter grading
Continuation: Students who have not passed, or have not submitted their reports in time, due to legitimate reasons, will be given an extended submission deadline in the following semester.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: TEK-3603
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for automasjon og prosessteknologi