BIO-2310 Arctic biology - 10 ECTS
The course is limited to 20 students. Qualified students must apply by the 1st of December 2020.
Exchange students and Fulbright students also has to apply by the 1st of October for the spring semester.
The course is limited to 20 students due to the expedition to the West Ice.
10 places are reserved for qualified students at our bachelorprogram in Biology and aimed at MSc-students specializing in "Arctic animal physiology".
The course is also available to exchange students at a biology study program.
Please note! students must expect some costs associated with the purchase of clothing used during the field expedition.
The course is not available as singular course.
- should have knowledge, insight and increased awareness of the Arctic region, and the animals (invertebrates, fish, birds, mammals) that inhabit this region
- should be able to describe physiological adaptations of animals living in an extreme environment
- should be able to understand-scientific literature
- should be able to discuss- and give oral/written presentations of problems concerning this field of science
6 hours written exam. A graded scale of five marks from A to E for pass and F for fail.
Participation on cruise and cruisereport. In order to sit an examination, the student must complete and gain approval for any coursework requirements.
There will be a re-sit examination for students that did not pass the previous ordinary examination.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: BIO-2310
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for arktisk og marin biologi