ELE-3603 Fundamentals og Programmable Controllers - 5 ECTS
After completing the subject, the candidate will have the following learning outcome:
- knows the most common computer architectures, and can tell the difference between them, as well as the benefits and drawbacks of these.
- knows the VHDL hardware programming language.
- knows the basic structure of common PLC (programmable logic controllers) programming languages.
- can explain industrial bus-communication standards relevant for PLCs.
- can design and implement VHDL modules in an FPGA.
- can identify and analyze state machines with data-path in VHDL.
- can program and implement a PLC program utilizing analog and digital inputs and outputs.
- are able to set up bus-communication between a PLC and external devices based on Ethernet and serial communication standards.
- can create a HMI (human machine interface) for monitoring and apply commands to a PLC based control system.
-has the ability to apply PLC for controlling a process and communicating with external hardware.
1 (out of 1) mandatory digital test in laboratory work, safety and correct use of laboratory equipment. The test has to be approved before gaining access to the remaining mandatory tasks.
2 (out of 2) mandatory laboratory projects approved. Project work must be completed and approved to gain access to the exam.
Combined 3 hour digital exam with supervision.
Assessment according to standard A-F grading scale.
Re-sit exam: A re-sit exam will be arranged for this course. Subject to general rules.
- About the course
- Campus: Narvik |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: ELE-3603
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for elektroteknologi