INE-3601 Robotics in Manufacturing Systems - 5 ECTS
- History and terminology
- Economical evaluation of flexible manufacturing systems
- Design of industrial robots
- Kinematic analysis of robotic arms
- Joint drive systems: electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic.
- Joint measurement systems: position and velocity measurement.
- Robot control architectures
- Robot programming methodologies
- External devices: camera systems, fixtures, feeders etc.
- Selected applications in manufacturing
Introduction to the industrial robot.
Design of robots and their industrial applications.
Technical, economic, and organizational issues related to the implementation of robotics in advanced flexible manufacturing systems.
- Industrial robots: Structure and applications
- Robot kinematics, coordinate frames and Jacobian matrices
- Control systems for motion control
- Robot vision
- Programming of robot motion
- Simulation of robots
General competence (GC):
- Design and implementation of robot systems
2/3 of the exercises are mandatory. Exercises are performed individually or as project work by student teams.
3 hour written exam account for 100% of the grade in the course.
The grading will be done by A-F grading scale, where F is Fail.
A re-sit exam will be arranged for this course.
- About the course
- Campus: Narvik |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: INE-3601
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for industriell teknologi