A relevant undergraduate bachelor Engineering programme with minimum 30 credits Mathematics/statistics topics
Application code: 9371
Suggested prerequisites: The course is customized to the second year master students. Pre-knowledge equivalent to the first year master study in engineering is recommended.
The course is an introduction course on how to write a scientific publication. It consists of a theoretical part where theories and techniques for scientific writing and citation are lectured. A following practical part in which students are assigned to write a literature review of an agreed topic between student and supervisor. Content consists of:
* Definition and importance of scientific publication.
* Literature review and time management.
* References and citations
* Research output and information correctness
Students should have following learning outcomes after they passed the exam:
- concept and necessity of and general techniques in scientific writing
- applying scientific writing in practical assignment in general field of engineering and particular in industrial engineering.
- can identify research problem and crystalize it down to a scientific topic
- can apply different techniques in writing
- structure and create content for a scientific publication
- conduct writing that result in a scientific publication