På grunn av koronasituasjonen kan det bli endringer i undervisning og eksamen høsten 2020. Informasjon om eventuelle endringer, kunngjøres direkte til studenter som er oppmeldt i emnet.
INE-3605 Project Management - 5 ECTS
This course provides an introduction to the basic knowledge and methodologies in Project management, and the course content includes:
- Introduction of project management
- Organizational context: strategy, structure and stakeholder
- Project selection and portfolio management
- Leadership and team building
- Scope management and work breakdown structures
- Risk management
- Cost estimation and budgeting
- Project scheduling
- Critical path management
- Resource management
- Project evaluation and control
- Project termination
The course aims at establishing a thorough understanding of the basic knowledge in project management, group works for problem solving, case studies, literature surveys and similar.
- Understanding the difference between leadership and management
- Understanding WBS and OBS
- Understanding the project scheduling and CPM
- Understanding how to crash project schedule and how to manage limited resources
- Understanding how to use different methods to evaluate the progress of project
- Understanding how to terminate a project
After learning the course, students should be able to manage the following skills:
- Use the basic knowledge and terminology in project management
- Understanding the different organizational structure
- Use both qualitative and quantitative methods for project selection
- Understanding and apply the methods for risk management and cost estimation in project management
General competence (GC)
Passing the course will provide students with competence for doing and leading projects related to industrial engineering.
The course assessment is divided into two parts:
Project: 40% of the final grade
3 hour written exam: 60% of the final grade
The course is evaluated through ECTC system (A-F), and both the project and written exam have to be passed in order to pass the course. The project and the written exam are graded individually.
Re-sit exam: For students failed in the written exam, a re-sit written exam will be arranged for this course. For students failed in the project, a new project assignment must be delivered within the given deadline.