På grunn av koronasituasjonen kan det bli endringer i undervisning og eksamen høsten 2020. Informasjon om eventuelle endringer, kunngjøres direkte til studenter som er oppmeldt i emnet.
MBI-3911 Master's Thesis in Biomedicine - 60 ECTS
The course is mandatory for all students enrolled in the master's degree programme in Biomedicine.
Only students enrolled in the master's degree programme in Biomedicine are able to attend the course.
In order to start work on the masters' thesis, students must have passed MBI-3012 Advanced methods in experimental biomedicine.
After ending the course the student should be able to
- Define a scientific problem and to point out an approach to a solution.
- Collect knowledge from the literature and explain the background for the problem.
- Work through selected methods and analyze the results.
- Discuss obtained results in relation to other findings and draw conclusions.
- Present his/her scientific work in a thesis and an oral presentation.
Thesis, oral presentation and examination. Grade type: alphabetical grades (A-F)
Failing the master's thesis and new master's examination:
Only if the master's thesis is assessed as F (fail) can a revised version be submitted. The student will be given 3 months to submit a revised version of the thesis. If the thesis is assessed as F (fail) twice, the student must apply to the department for a new thesis topic. A new topic will be given only once.
If a thesis is not submitted by the deadline, and no application for an extended deadline has been approved, the student is registered as not attended for an examination. The student must then apply to the department for a new thesis topic.
For further information we refer to supplementary regulations.