SSO-3113 Understanding interprofessional education, learning and practice in health, welfare and social care - 10 ECTS
This course focuses on theoretical perspectives and processes relevant for collaborative learning in interprofessional health, social and welfare care. The learning will take place in an innovative, international, interprofessional collaborative, flexible and web-based environment.
The course's content includes global change and changing policies in health, social and welfare systems, theoretical underpinnings and empirical knowledge base for interprofessional education, learning and practice, interprofessional practice and group dynamics, facilitation of interprofessional learning and collaboration, curriculum design, and interprofessional practice inclusive communication with citizens
- Describe critical global incentives in health, social and welfare systems in order to promote interprofessional education and collaboration
- Contrast theoretical perspectives on interprofessional collaboration
- Review the empirical knowledge base for interprofessional education and practice
- Reflect on the impact of global policy changes on local interprofessional practices of health, social and welfare care
- Identify group dynamics and innovative collaborative processes in interprofessional work
- Reflect on the ethics and conditions for facilitation of interprofessional learning and practice
- Plan interprofessional learning activities based on the principles of constructive alignment
Attitudes and values
- Explore how interprofessional collaboration can add value to education, learning, health, social and welfare services
- Recognize own and others´ professional contributions with mutual respect and shared values in interprofessional communication
- Critically value existing knowledge and the implications for interprofessional collaboration
Web based tutorials, student-led webinars, lectures (online), individual and group assignments and peer review. Expected total work load is around 250 hours.
Final exam/individual assignement in English or Norwegian/Swedish/Danish. An english abstract is required.
The course will be given every second year. Examination is only possible when the course is carried through.
- About the course
- Campus: Digitalt | Annet |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: SSO-3113
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for vernepleie