På grunn av koronasituasjonen kan det bli endringer i undervisning og eksamen høsten 2020. Informasjon om eventuelle endringer, kunngjøres direkte til studenter som er oppmeldt i emnet.
INF-3200 Distributed Systems Fundamentals - 10 ECTS
- Knowledge of the main topics of distributed systems at an introductory level.
- Knowledge of the central challenges of distributed systems, their behavior, characteristics, advantages and disadvantages.
- Knowledge of the primary ideas, architectures, designs, and implementations of distributed systems
- Knowledge of some select cases of distributed systems
- The best way to learn how to build distributed systems is by practice, and so an important part of the course is a substantial distributed system design and implementation project.
- Skills in systems-level programming. How to build a working prototype of a non-trivial distributed system including its architecture, design, and implementation.
- Skills in the languages, frameworks, and tools used to build a prototype distributed system
- Skills to analyze real distributed systems, and identify central characteristics including performance scaling.
- Skills in presenting a system, giving a demonstration of it, and identify lessons learned.
- Competence in selecting a suitable set of programming languages, frameworks, and tools for a given problem domain.
- Competence in asking relevant questions about computer based systems.
Oral exam counting 100%. Approved assignments give access to the final oral exam.
Grading scale: Letter grades A-E, F - Fail.
Course requirements: The coursework includes up to 3 written programming assignments graded "Approved" / "Not approved". Oral presentation of the assignments and demonstrations of a working system can in special cases be claimed by the course responsible.
Re-sit examination: It will not be given a re-sit exam for this course, unless a postponed exam already is arranged (conditional re-sit exam). To get access to the exam the student must have passed the course requirements.
Postponed examination: The exam will be arranged as soon as practicably possible after the reasons for absence have ceased, and normally no later than two months after a new semester has commenced. It will be arranged an oral exam counting 100%. To get access to the postponed exam the student must have passed the course requirements.
For further details see:
- Utfyllende bestemmelser for eksamener ved Fakultet for naturvitenskap og teknologi (only in Norwegian)