På grunn av koronasituasjonen kan det bli endringer i undervisning og eksamen høsten 2020. Informasjon om eventuelle endringer, kunngjøres direkte til studenter som er oppmeldt i emnet.
INF-3201 Parallel Programming - 10 ECTS
Knowledge - The student has knowledge of
- parallel programming concepts.
- various approaches to typical issues of parallel performance.
- parallel programming techniques.
- parallel algorithms.
- parallel architectures and their performance implications.
Skills - The student can
- develop parallel applications.
- utilize parallel programming languages, environments and toolboxes on different parallel platforms.
General competence - The student can
- understand typical issues of parallel performance and techniques to deal with the issues.
- understand pros and cons of different parallel programming techniques and parallel architectures.
A 4 hour final written exam counting 100%. Approved assignments give access to the final written exam.
Grading scale: Letter grades A-E, F - Fail.
Course requirements: The coursework includes up to 4 written assignments graded "Approved" / "Not approved". Oral presentation of the assignments and demonstrations of a working system can in special cases be claimed by the course responsible.
Re-sit examination: It will not be given a re-sit exam in the teaching free semester for this course, unless a postponed exam already is arranged (conditional re-sit exam). To get access to the exam in the teaching free semester the student must have passed the course requirements.
Postponed examination: Given early in teaching free semester. It will be arranged a 4 hour written exam counting 100%. To get access to the exam in the teaching free semester the student must have passed the course requirements.
For further details see:
- Utfyllende bestemmelser for eksamener ved Fakultet for naturvitenskap og teknologi (only in Norwegian)