På grunn av koronasituasjonen kan det bli endringer i undervisning og eksamen høsten 2020. Informasjon om eventuelle endringer, kunngjøres direkte til studenter som er oppmeldt i emnet.
STV-2008 International Security - 10 ECTS
Nordic applicants: Generell studiekompetanse
International applicants: Higher Education Entrance Qualification and certified language requirements in English.
A list of the requirements for the Higher Education Entrance Qualification in Norway can be found on the web site from the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (NOKUT). For language requirements we refer to NOKUT's GSU-list.
Application code: 9199 (Nordic applicants).
Upon passing the course, the student will have obtained the following knowledge/skills: Knowledge and comprehension
- Knowledge pertaining to different conceptualizations of security, and security policy in general.
- Knowledge pertaining to different forms of threats and the use of force.
- Can work independently within different issue areas using security perspectives for analysis
- Can make use of theoretical tools within new issue areas
- Can explain the security debate and its relevance as a tool for society
- Can independently develop their own compentence and experitse in the field of international security.
- Capable of disussing issues, analyses and conclusions within the field of international security, both academically as well as with regard to policy.
The examination consists of two parts: - One take home exam: Write a term paper limited to 2.000 words on a given theme within the time frame of one week. Two students may write together (the word limit is then extended to 3.000 words). - A 3 hour school exam. Final mark is given on a joint evaluation of the take home exam and the school exam.
The Grade-scale goes from A (tope score) to E (pass) and F (fail). A re-sit exam will be arranged for this course
Date for examinationWritten examination 27.04.2020
Take-home assignment hand out date 30.03.2020 hand in date 06.04.2020
The date for the exam can be changed. The final date will be announced in the StudentWeb early in May and early in November.