På grunn av koronasituasjonen kan det bli endringer i undervisning og eksamen høsten 2020. Informasjon om eventuelle endringer, kunngjøres direkte til studenter som er oppmeldt i emnet.
STV-3005 International Politics - 10 ECTS
Admission requirement is a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science, European Studies or another relevant subject.
The minimum average grade requirement is:
- C - for bachelor`s degree or equivalent issued in Europe, Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand
- B - for bachelor`s degree or equivalent issued in all other countries
The course requires solid competence in reading and writing English.
Application code: 9371.
Students who have successfully completed the course should have achieved the following learning outcomes: Knowledge and understanding
- solid grounding in the discipline¿s central theoretical ideas and approaches and how to apply them to the study of international politics.
- able to work independently - and employ relevant scholarly foundations - to address a variety of analytical challenges
- able to critically evaluate existing theories, methods and interpretations within the study of international politics
- able to apply scholarly knowledge critically, including reflection on his or her own scholarly practice
- able to take the initiative to apply knowledge to new domains
- able to formulate and structure complex scholarly arguments.
- able to continue systematically the development of his or her own scholarly grounding and specialisation
- able to communicate research issues, questions, analyses and conclusions pertaining to his or her field with both specialists and lay-people
- able to participate in public debate on the basis of relevant knowledge from his or her field.
The exam has two components:
- A take-home exam on an assigned topic of up to 2.000 words to be completed in the course of a week. Students may take the opportunity to write the exam together in which case the maximum word-count will be 3000.
- A three-hour University-based, closed-book examination.The two components are give equal weight in evaluation and the assignement of the final grade.
The Grade-scale goes from A (tope score) to E (pass) and F (fail). A re-sit exam will be arranged for this course.
Deadline for register for re-sit exams is January 15 for spring semester and August 15 for autumn semester. Both home and school exam must be submitted.
Date for examinationTake-home examination hand out date 15.04.2020 hand in date 29.04.2020
The date for the exam can be changed. The final date will be announced in the StudentWeb early in May and early in November.