INF-3701 Advanced database systems - 10 ECTS
Knowledge: The student has knowledge of
- advanced database system topics.
- properties of advanced database systems.
- advantages and limitations of existing data management solutions.
- relationships between data management solutions and their use in application areas.
Skills: The student has ability to
- identify and evaluate properties of advanced database systems and data management solutions.
- compare different data management solutions.
- combine data management solutions with application areas.
- identify and focus on a scientific problem.
- identify and evaluate solutions for scientific problems.
- identify contributions in scientific literature.
General competence: The student has competence to
- find, read and evaluate scientific literature.
- convey technical knowledge to an audience through writing, presentation and discussions.
- identify and analyze scientific challenges.
A 4 hour final written exam counting 100%. Approved assignments give access to the final written exam.
Course requirements: The coursework includes up to 3 written assignments graded "Approved" / "Not approved". Oral presentation of the assignments and demonstrations of a working system can in special cases be claimed by the course responsible.
Grading scale: Letter grades A-E, F - Fail.
Re-sit examination: It will not be given a re-sit exam in the teaching free semester for this course, unless a postponed exam already is arranged (conditional re-sit exam). To get access to the exam in the teaching free semester the student must have passed the course requirements.
Postponed examination: Given early in teaching free semester. It will be arranged a 4 hour written exam counting 100%. To get access to the exam in the teaching free semester the student must have passed the course requirements.
For further details see: Utfyllende bestemmelser for eksamener ved Fakultet for naturvitenskap og teknologi (only in Norwegian) | Regulations for examinations at the UiT