På grunn av koronasituasjonen kan det bli endringer i undervisning og eksamen høsten 2020. Informasjon om eventuelle endringer, kunngjøres direkte til studenter som er oppmeldt i emnet.
INF-3701 Advanced database systems - 10 ECTS
Knowledge: The student has knowledge of
- advanced database system topics.
- properties of advanced database systems.
- advantages and limitations of existing data management solutions.
- relationships between data management solutions and their use in application areas.
Skills: The student has ability to
- identify and evaluate properties of advanced database systems and data management solutions.
- compare different data management solutions.
- combine data management solutions with application areas.
- identify and focus on a scientific problem.
- identify and evaluate solutions for scientific problems.
- identify contributions in scientific literature.
General competence: The student has competence to
- find, read and evaluate scientific literature.
- convey technical knowledge to an audience through writing, presentation and discussions.
- identify and analyze scientific challenges.
A 4 hour final written exam counting 100%. Approved assignments give access to the final written exam.
Course requirements: The coursework includes up to 3 written assignments graded "Approved" / "Not approved". Oral presentation of the assignments and demonstrations of a working system can in special cases be claimed by the course responsible.
Grading scale: Letter grades A-E, F - Fail.
Re-sit examination: It will not be given a re-sit exam in the teaching free semester for this course, unless a postponed exam already is arranged (conditional re-sit exam). To get access to the exam in the teaching free semester the student must have passed the course requirements.
Postponed examination: Given early in teaching free semester. It will be arranged a 4 hour written exam counting 100%. To get access to the exam in the teaching free semester the student must have passed the course requirements.
For further details see: Utfyllende bestemmelser for eksamener ved Fakultet for naturvitenskap og teknologi (only in Norwegian) | Regulations for examinations at the UiT
Date for examinationTake home exam hand out date 20.05.2020 hand in date 20.05.2020
The date for the exam can be changed. The final date will be announced in the StudentWeb early in May and early in November.