MAT-3202 Nonlinear Waves - 10 ECTS
If only a few students attend this course spring 2020, it will be given as a reading-coures.
Applicants from Nordic countries: 1 June for the autumn semester and 1 December for the spring semester. Applicants from outside the Nordic countries: 1 October for the spring semester and 15 April for the autumn semester.
- hyperbolic and dispersive continuum models.
- stability theory for conservative and dissipative models.
- basic perturbation theory for models with several space-time scales.
- numerical modelling of continuum models.
- be able to use both analytical and numerical solution methods.