STE6307 Computer Integrated Manufacturing - 5 ECTS
The course offers students insights of subsystems of a computer integrated manufacturing system; integration of and communication between those subsystems; and modeling, planning and analysis of manufacturing systems. The course provides elementary understanding of logic and digital control systems and automation of manufacturing operations.
Students will acquire basic training in programming.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge about basic metal-working processes.
- Basic knowledge about machine tools and CNC programming.
- Knowledge about industrial robots and manufacturing automation.
- Basic knowledge about dimensional measurements and quality engineering.
- Knowledge about material flow and information flow in the manufacturing industry.
- Be able to plan and carry out simple manufacturing processes based on product drawings.
- Have the skills to operate different types of measurement instruments and be able to conduct basic quality control.
- Understand the relation between product specifications and manufacturing technology.
- Have basic knowledge about technological processes in a manufacturing company.
- Be able to assess the potential for automation in manufacturing companies.
There are 6 obligatory assignments. 4 of the assignments must be approved for access to the written exam.
A 3 hour written exam account for 100% of the grade in the course.
The grading will be done by using a A-F grading scale, where F is a fail.
A re-sit exam will be arranged for this course.