På grunn av koronasituasjonen kan det bli endringer i undervisning og eksamen høsten 2020. Informasjon om eventuelle endringer, kunngjøres direkte til studenter som er oppmeldt i emnet.
HEL-3043 Introduction to Global Health - 10 ECTS
On successful completion of the course, the student should have developed knowledge to:
- Explain global health trends, technical approaches, architecture and major strategies.
- Identify underlying determinants of global health status.
- Explain how reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child health, and nutrition programs act as part of country health systems and communities.
- Describe the principles of how key infectious disease programs, global and national preparedness and global health security are implemented.
- Describe the impact of the burden of non-communicable diseases and current initiatives in low and middle-income countries.
- Identify different critical components of environmental health challenges.
On successful completion of the course, the student should have developed skills to:
- Ascertain where to find and how to access reliable information related to Global Health status
- Appropriately apply and discuss relevant Global Health literature and scientific texts.
- Explain various country-contexts in understanding Global Health challenges
- Present clear analyses of relevant articles in the field of Global Health (critical appraisal), specifically the effects of environmental contaminants.
On successful completion of the course, the student should have developed competence to:
- Actively participate and critically discuss, debate and present challenges- and trends in Global Health in groups.
- Apply knowledge and skills to critically discuss scientific issues within Global Health, explain regional variations, and formulate conclusions.
Date for examinationHome examination hand out date 02.04.2020 hand in date 20.04.2020
The date for the exam can be changed. The final date will be announced in the StudentWeb early in May and early in November.