På grunn av koronasituasjonen kan det bli endringer i undervisning og eksamen høsten 2020. Informasjon om eventuelle endringer, kunngjøres direkte til studenter som er oppmeldt i emnet.
ELE-3500 Power System Fundamentals - 10 ECTS
- Introduction to Power System
- Revision of Single Phase and 3 Phase Systems
- Per Unit Systems
- Elements in a Power System
- Modeling of Generators
- Modeling of Transformers
- Modeling of Transmission Lines
- Power Flow and Load Flow Studies
- Fault Analysis in a Power System
- Introduction to Reactive Power Compensation
- Introduction to FACTS Devices
After having followed the course, the candidate shall have obtained insight in:
- Knowledge of Power system theory, power System functions, power system structure, power system generation, transmission and distribution.
- Review of Basic concepts of the three-phase system, active and reactive power, power flow impact on the system, reactive power compensation.
- Modeling of Power System Elements (Generators, Transformers, Transmission lines).
- Understanding of power flow/load flow problems, solutions of power flow problems by different computational aspects.
- Knowledge of different kinds of faults in a power system.
- Knowledge of reactive power compensation analysis in a transmission line including FACTS devices
After having followed the course, the candidate shall be able to:
- Make and analyze simple model of a power system.
- Perform and analyze simple power system calculations.
- Perform and analyze simple power flow calculations.
- Perform and analyze simple power fault calculations.
- The candidate will has a basic understanding about power system structures and interaction between different elements of power system