INF-2202 Concurrent and Data-Intensive Programming - 10 ECTS
Most computing devices today have multi- or many-core processors. To write efficient programs for these processors it is necessary to have competency in concurrent, programming, and to have the skills for evaluating the performance of applications running on such processors.
- has fundamental concepts of concurrent programming
- has fundamental knowledge about performance evaluation of sequential and concurrent applications
- has fundamental concepts of data-intensive computing
- can develop and evaluate multi-threaded, task-, and event-based programs
- can implement programs using low-level programming interfaces
- can utilize programming models and technologies for concurrent and data-intensive programming
- can evaluate the performance of programs running on multi- and many-core processors
General competence:The student
- can understand and solve problems related to concurrent and data-intensive programming
- has the competence to select the a suitable set of programming languages, frameworks, and tools for programming on multi- and many-core platforms
Home exam counting 100%. Approved assignments give access to the home exam.
Grade scale: Letter grades A-E, F - fail.
The coursework includes 2-3 written assignments graded "Approved" / "Not approved", and the number of assignments is stated at the start of the semester. Oral presentation of the assignments and demonstration of a working system can be required.
Re-sit examination: It will not be given a re-sit examination in this course.
Postponed examination: Students with valid grounds for absence will be offered a postponed examination according to Section 21 and 17 in Regulations for examinations at UiT. If practically possible the examination is arranged during the semester as soon as the reasons for absence have ceased.
Date for examinationHome examination hand out date 07.11.2019 hand in date 25.11.2019
The date for the exam can be changed. The final date will be announced in the StudentWeb early in May and early in November.