INF-2300 Computer Communication - 10 ECTS
Knowledge - The student has:
- an in-depth knowledge of challenges and solutions related to providing reliable communication between computers
- an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the layered Internet architecture, services related to each layer, current communication protocols, and available solutions
- knowledge about approaches to develop network centric applications using application level protocols
Skills - The student can:
- design and implement network protocols that enable communication between computers
- use, design and implement application level protocols
- design and implement network centric applications using application level protocols
- use web-entric protocols (web-services) in the development of such applications
General competence - The student:
- understands how network protocols work, are defined and are used
- can grasp the concept of a layered architecture and its advantages
- understands the concept of network centric applications and the role of a client and a server with such applications
A 4 hours final written exam counting 100%. Approved assignments give access to the final written exam.
Grade scale: Letter grades A-E, F - fail.
The coursework includes up to 4 written assignments graded "Approved" / "Not Approved", and the number of assignments is stated at the start of the semester. Oral presentation of the assignments and demonstration of a working system can be claimed.
Re-sit examination: Given early in the following semester, if the course is compulsory in the study plan. The re-sit exam is for those who did not get a passed grade on the last ordinary examination. It will be arranged a 4 hour written exam counting 100%. To get access to the re-sit examination the student must have passed the course requirements.
Postponed examination: Given early in the following semester. It will be arranged a 4 hour written exam counting 100%. To get access to the postponed examination the student must have passed the course requirements.