INF-2700 Database Systems - 10 ECTS
Knowledge; students should understand
- theory of the relational data model,
- application database design and implementation,
- physical data management and query processing,
- transaction processing, concurrency control and crash recovery.
Skills; students should be able to
- design application databases with entity-relationship modeling and schema normalization,
- implement application databases with SQL,
- implement some system-level elements of database management systems, for example, in-memory and on-disk data processing, query processing and transaction processing.
- Students should be more competent in system-level programming.
- Students should have better understanding in system performance issues in general and database performance issues in particular.
A 4 hour final written exam counting 100%. Approved assignments give access to the final written exam.
Grading scale: Letter grades A-E, F - Fail.
Course requirements: The coursework includes up to 3 written assignments graded "Approved" / "Not approved". Oral presentation of the assignments and demonstration of a working system can be claimed.
Re-sit examination: Given early in teaching free semester, if the course is compulsory in the study plan. It will be arranged a 4 hour written exam counting 100%. To get access to the re-sit examination in the teaching free semester the student must have passed the course requirements.
Postponed examination: Given early in teaching free semester. It will be arranged a 4 hour written exam counting 100%. To get access to the postponed examination in the teaching free semester the student must have passed the course requirements.
For further details see: - Utfyllende bestemmelser for eksamener ved Fakultet for naturvitenskap og teknologi (only in Norwegian) - Regulations for examinations at the UiT