ITE1814 Thermodynamics - 10 stp
- Thermodynamic systems
- Propoerty, state, proecss and equilibriuim
- Energy and first law of thermodynamics
- Energy transfer by work of heat
- Energy balance for systems and cycles
- Evaluating & retrieving thermodynamic properties of a system
- Tables of thermodynamic properties
- Conservation of mass and energy for a control volume
- Second law of thermodynamics
- Introduction to vapor power cycles
- Vapor refrigeration and heat pump systems
- Basics of heat transfer (conduction & convection)
Knowledge and understanding:
This course aims to build the foundation for preparing students to get an understanding and work professionally in the area of thermodynamics and related processes.
Students will learn to apply their knowledge in the subject to solve general and specific problems in thermodynamics on a well-founded and understandable way.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the theories and concepts regarding thermodynamics & basics of heat transfer.
- Describe functions and practical usage of thermodynamic processes and related components, e.g. heat pumps, and cooling machines.
- Apply principles of engineering, basic science and mathematics to model, analyse, design and realize thermodynamics systems, components and processes.
- Perform technical calculations on systems as well as components within the technical area.
There will be class lectures and it is encouraged that all students attend the lectures and participate actively to learn more about this subject. There will be mandatory lab work during this course. All students will be required to submit the mandatory lab work to appear in the final exam.
Eksamen og vurdering:
There will be a written exam. 100 % Grade will be awarded on the basis of final written exam.
There will be compulsory lab exercises and students are required to submit the lab work report. These lab exercises will not have any grading, but will be mandatory to submit and pass to appear in the final exam.