RUS-3010 Language and Literature of Medieval Russia - 10 stp
This course is intended for students in the Master`s Degree Programme in Literature, the Master`s Degree Programme in Language, the Master's Degree Programme in Russian Studies and the Master`s Degree Programme in Language and Social Studies with integrated practical-educational training. This course may be taken as a single course by students who meet the admission requirements for the Master`s Degree Programme in Russian Language. For more information, please contact the Student Advisor.
Code: 9371 (Nordic applicants)
After completing the course the students should have the following knowledge and abilities:
The students have:
- knowledge about the historical explanation for many phenomena in modern Russian
- understanding of the origin and development of the Russian language
- insight into Russian dialects
- an overview of Medieval Russian literature and culture
The students can:
- read and analyze texts in Old Russian
- recognize and analyze Russian dialects
- write research papers and present them to fellow students
Coursework Requirements: In order to take the final examination, the following coursework requirements must have been approved:
- the student must have submitted two short obligatory assignments (term papers). Both papers must have been submitted by the given deadline and must be approved.
- In addition, the student must submit at least 70% of the exercises on Canvas. At least 70% of the questions in each exercise must be answered correctly.
All written work is based on the following standard: Times New Roman, 12, 1,5, 2,5 cm.
Assessment method: The examination is a 3-hour written examination at the end of the semester.Grading: Performance in the course will be assessed on an A-F grade scale. Grades are A-E for passed and F for failed. Examination language(s): The term papers and examinations are to be written in Russian, Norwegian or English. If a student is given the grade F after completing the examination he/she will be given the possibility to take a re-sit examination. The deadline for registration to the re-sit examination is 15 January.