RUS-3041 Practical Russian 1 - 5 ECTS
This course is intended for students in the Master`s Degree Programme in Literature, the Master`s Degree Programme in Language, and the Master`s Degree Programme in Language and Social Studies with integrated practical-educational training.
The course may be taken as a single course by students who meet the admission requirements for the Master`s Degree Programme in Russian Language. For more information, please contact the Student Advisor.
After completing the course the students should have the following knowledge and abilities:
The students have:
- knowledge about complex grammatical constructions in Russian.
- knowledge about the stylistic techniques that characterize various genres.
The students are:
- able to translate advanced texts into Russian and discuss current events in Russian.
- able to carry out oral presentations in Russian.
The semester is divided into three sections of 5 weeks each. Teaching and lectures will vary between the different sections.
Teaching will be in the form of weekly translation assignments and conversation exercises. The students will submit a translation assignment weekly for 15 weeks for correction and feedback.
Teaching consists of approximately 2-3 hours per week for 15 weeks.
Quality assurance of the course: The course will be evaluated once every third year.
The following coursework requirements must be approved in order to take the final exam:
- 8 out of 12 written assignments must be submitted by the given weekly deadline and must be approved, and one oral presentation must be approved during the semester.
- An oral test consisting of a conversation with the texts on the syllabus as a starting point and translation of a Russian text into Norwegian or English.
Performance in the course will be assessed with pass/fail, provided that the coursework requirements have been approved.
A re-sit examination is offered in the event of an fail grade. The deadline to register for a re-sit examination is January 15th for the autumn semester and August 15th for the spring semester.