På grunn av koronasituasjonen kan det bli endringer i undervisning og eksamen høsten 2020. Informasjon om eventuelle endringer, kunngjøres direkte til studenter som er oppmeldt i emnet.
SAK-3007 Group exhibition practice, methods, theory and professional ethics - 30 ECTS
- Lectures on relevant art history, theory and professional ethics
- Specialization in artistic methods and techniques
- Participation in group exhibition and a seminar evaluating works shown
- A seminar for the presentation, contextualization and reflection on one's own artistic work
- Documentation of one's own artistic work
- Study trip
After completing the course, the student has the following learning outcomes:
- A good knowledge of the prerequisites for artistic practice
- A good knowledge of artistic methods and techniques
- A basic knowledge of relevant art history, theory and professional ethics
- Ability to present, document, contextualize and reflect on own artistic work
- Ability to plan and conduct a group exhibition
- Ability to contextualize and reflect on own artistic work, as well as that of others
- Ability to apply relevant artistic methods and techniques
The following coursework requirements must be approved before the exam:
- Participation in a group exhibition with an individual art piece followed by an oral presentation of the exhibited work
- Active participation in the review and evaluation of the group exhibition
- Conduct one Artist Talk
- Attendance of the study trip
The exam consists of a submitted portfolio and an oral presentation and examination. The oral presentation and the examination will be based on the submitted portfolio.
The portfolio must include:
- Descriptions and reflections on participation in courses and workshops
- Visual documentation of works made in connection with the course or workshop
- A short description of the content of the course or workshop
- Reflection on own learning outcome
- Description and reflections on given and offered Artist talks and studio conversations.
- Submitted text
- Documentation of works presented in group exhibition
- Presentation and documentation of other artistic practice or relevant studies / work during the semester
Exams are assessed with an overall grade according to the grading Passed/Not passed.
Re-sit exam the following semester