RUS-3042 Practical Russian 2 - 5 ECTS
After completing the course the students should have the following knowledge and abilities:
The students have
- knowledge about complex grammatical constructions in Russian
- knowledge about the stylistic techniques that characterize various genres
- acquired a better practical Russian proficiency (orally and in writing), and deeper knowledge of Russian grammar
The students can
- translate advanced texts into Russian and discuss current events in Russian
- carry out oral presentations in Russian
Teaching will be in the form of weekly written assignments and conversation exercises. The students will submit an assignment weekly for correction and feedback. Teaching consists of approximately 2-3 hours per week for 13 weeks.
All courses undergo an evaluation once in a 2-year period at the master's level. The Programme Board determines which programme options will be evaluated per year, and which courses will be evaluated by the students and the teacher per year.
The following coursework reguirements must be completed and approved to be allowed to take the final exam
- 8 out of 12 written assignments must have been submitted by the given weekly deadline and must have received a pass.
- An oral presentation of approx. 10 to15 minutes must have been completed with a pass during the semester.
- All students participate in a roundtable debate at the end of the semester
The final assessment consists of:
- A written test of three hours (translation of a text of approximately 250 words into Russian).
Performance in the course is assessed with the grades A-F. A re-sit examination is offered in the event of a fail or an F-grade. The deadline to register for re-sit examination is January 15th for the autumn semester and August 15th for the spring semester.