STE6214 Project - Industrial Engineering - 5 stp
A relevant undergraduate bachelor Engineering programme with minimum 30 credits Mathematics/statistics topics
Application code: 9371
The course is customized to the second year master students. Pre-knowledge equivalent to the first year master study in engineering is recommended.
The course is an introduction course on how to write a scientific publication. It consists of a theoretical part where theories and techniques for scientific writing and citation are lectured. A following practical part in which students are assigned to write a literature review of an agreed topic between student and supervisor. Content consists of:
* Definition and importance of scientific publication.
* Literature review and time management.
* References and citations
* Research output and information correctness
Students should have following learning outcomes after they passed the exam:
- concept and necessity of and general techniques in scientific writing
- applying scientific writing in practical assignment in general field of engineering and particular in industrial engineering.
- can identify research problem and crystalize it down to a scientific topic
- can apply different techniques in writing
- structure and create content for a scientific publication
- conduct writing that result in a scientific publication
Date for examinationProject Work - Virtual Manufacturing hand in date 21.10.2018
The date for the exam can be changed. The final date will be announced in the StudentWeb early in May and early in November.
Lectures Autumn 2018
prof. Wei Deng Solvang