INF-2202 Concurrent and Data-Intensive Programming - 10 stp
Most computing devices today have multi- or many-core processors. To write efficient programs for these processors it is necessary to have competency in concurrent, programming, and to have the skills for evaluating the performance of applications running on such processors.
- has fundamental concepts of concurrent programming
- has fundamental knowledge about performance evaluation of sequential and concurrent applications
- has fundamental concepts of data-intensive computing
- can develop and evaluate multi-threaded, task-, and event-based programs
- can implement programs using low-level programming interfaces
- can utilize programming models and technologies for concurrent and data-intensive programming
- can evaluate the performance of programs running on multi- and many-core processors
General competence:The student
- can understand and solve problems related to concurrent and data-intensive programming
- has the competence to select the a suitable set of programming languages, frameworks, and tools for programming on multi- and many-core platforms
A 4 hour final written exam counting 100%. Approved assignments give access to the final written exam.
Course requirements: The coursework includes up to 3 written assignments graded Approved / Not approved. Oral presentation of the assignments and demonstration of a working system can be required.
Assessment scale: Letter grades A-F.
Given early in teaching free semester, if the course is compulsory in the study plan. It will be arranged a 4 hour written exam counting 100%. To get access to the re-sit examination in the teaching free semester the student must have passed the course requirements.
Given early in teaching free semester. It will be arranged a 4 hour written exam counting 100%. To get access to the postponed examination in the teaching free semester the student must have passed the course requirements.
For further details see:
- Utfyllende bestemmelser for eksamener ved Fakultet for naturvitenskap og teknologi (only in Norwegian)
- Regulations for examinations at the UiT