INF-3201 Parallel Programming - 10 stp
The student has knowledge of
- parallel programming concepts.
- various approaches to typical issues of parallel performance.
- parallel programming techniques.
- parallel algorithms.
- parallel architectures and their performance implications.
The student can
- develop medium sized parallel applications.
- utilize parallel programming languages, environments and toolboxes on different parallel platforms.
The student can
- understand typical issues of parallel performance and techniques to deal with the issues.
- understand pros and cons of different parallel programming techniques and parallel architectures.
A 4 hour final written exam counting 100%. Approved assignments give access to the final written exam.
Course requirements: The coursework includes up to 4 written assignments graded "Approved" / "Not approved". Oral presentation of the assignments and demonstration of a working system can be claimed.
Grading scale: Letter grades A-F.
It will not be given a re-sit exam in the teaching free semester for this course, unless a postponed exam already is arranged (conditional re-sit exam). To get access to the exam in the teaching free semester the student must have passed the course requirements.
Given early in teaching free semester. It will be arranged a 4 hour written exam counting 100%. To get access to the exam in the teaching free semester the student must have passed the course requirements.
For further details see:
- Utfyllende bestemmelser for eksamener ved Fakultet for naturvitenskap og teknologi (only in Norwegian)
- Regulations for examinations at the UiT