REI-1003 Arctic Tourism Management I - 20 ECTS
Admission requirements Applicants from Nordic countries: Generell studiekompetanse.
International applicants: Higher Education Entrance Qualification and certified language requirements in English.
A list of the requirements for the Higher Education Entrance Qualification in Norway can be found on the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education website - nokut.no
Application code: 9199 (Nordic countries).
- has broad knowledge of basic concepts, models and theories related to tourism management, HR and risk management
- is familiar with R&D work within HR, risk management and sustainable tourism
- can update ones knowledge within tourism management topics
- is able to use knowledge and relevant R&D work from the tourism management field on practical and theoretical challenges, and make well founded choices
- can reflect one's own performance and make use of guidance to improve behaviour
- is able to find, evaluate and refer to disciplinary information within tourism management and use this to illuminate practical challenges for businesses
- can make use of tour planning and risk management tools, basic concepts and professionals' forms of expression
- has insight to relevant ethical and disciplinary challenges
- is able to plan and carry out work tasks and projects alone or in a group according to juridical and ethical demands
- can present theories problems and solutions orally and in writing
- can communicate with other actors within tourism and contribute to development of both specific businesses and the tourism industry
- One individual written assignment
- One group assignment including organizing a tour/event
- 70% attendance in all student activities and lectures
Required attendance and assignments must be approved in order to take the exam.
- Individual written home exam. Duration: 14 days. The exam must be answered in English
Grading: scale A to F with F for failed.
A re-sit exam will be arranged for this course in case of F.
Date for examinationIndividual written home exam hand out date 15.05.2019 hand in date 29.05.2019
The date for the exam can be changed. The final date will be announced in the StudentWeb early in May and early in November.