SOK-3007 Linear algebra and multivariable calculus - 10 stp
Applicants from Nordic countries: 1 June for the autumn semester and 1 December for the spring semester. Exchange students: 1 October for the spring semester and 15 April for the autumn semester.
Exchange students are students from academic institutions with which UiT The Arctic University of Norway have formal exchange agreements.
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in economics. (An example of an equivalent degree can be another bachelor's degree containing a minimum of 80 ECTS in economics.)
· The Norwegian grading system is an A-F scale in which A is the highest score and F is fail. An average grade C from a bachelor degree issued in Norway is the minimum requirement for admission to the master's level for students with Norwegian study background.
· Applicants who hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent issued in Europe, Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand must have an average grade C as a minimum, or the corresponding numerical mark/percentage score to be considered for admission.
· Applicants who hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent issued in countries other than the above mentioned region/countries must have an average grade B as a minimum, or the corresponding numerical mark/percentage score to be considered for admission.
Application code 9371
Students who have successfully completed the course should have achieved the following learning outcomes:
Knowledge and comprehension:
- Good knowledge and comprehension of important topics from linear algebra and static optimization and their use within the economic sciences.
The course should prepare the student to:
- Perform mathematical computations within the economic sciences
- The student should know how to formulate and solve static optimization problems within economy by use of linear algebra and static optimization techniques.
- The student should possess the necessary knowledge in order to develop his (hers) own competence and expertise in the field