TEK-3008 Marine Engineering - 10 ECTS
- Introduction to hydrodynamics, linear wave theory and calculation of wave forces on marine structures and pipelines. Both static and dynamic evaluations are carried out and extreme values are being calculated.
- Introduction to wind and wind loads
- Principles for the dimensioning of structures.
- Stability of floating structures an introduction to the design of offshore pipelines.
- Realistic design of fixed space frame offshore structures
- will be able to explain basic definition, concept and theoretical fundament of marine engineering.
- will be able to understand and analysis of waves and forces from waves on marine structures.
- will be able to understand and analysis of wind and forces from wind on structures exposed to wind load.
- will be able to understand of dynamic effects related to marine structures.
- will be able to understand a realistic design of marine structures.
- will be able to carry out and make use of existing knowledge and theories of marine engineering in a real situations.
- will be able to develop plans for collection of data and analysis of dynamic effect related to marine structures.
- will be able to illustrate principles for dimensioning of structures and how to analysis and control the floating stability of marine floating structures.
- will be able to utilize marine engineering theories to identify and analysis of technical solutions for use in the marine environment.
- will be able to reflect on their professional practice, work in groups, manage report writing, presentation, and function in a multi-disciplinary team.