FYS-2008 Measurement techniques - 10 ECTS
Knowledge - The student can:
- understand the various components of measurement systems
- describe the design and implementation stages of measurement systems
- identify the physical principle behind a range of sensor elements
- explain measurement principles as well as transmission, processing and presentation of data
Skills - The student can:
- analyze and quantify the performance of measurement systems
- derive the main equations describing static and dynamic behavior and response of measurement systems
- understand the concept of sensor elements
General expertise - The student can:
- understanding the physical principles of sensors and measurement systems
- understand technological applications of measurement systems and the implementation of these
Portfolio assessment of a take-home examination counting about 20 % and a final 4 hour written examination counting about 80 %. All components in the portfolio are assessed as a whole and one combined grade is given. Assessment scale: Letter grades A-F.
Postponed examination (sections 17 and 21): Students with valid grounds for absence will be offered a postponed examination. Postponed take-home examination is arranged during the semester if possible, otherwise early in the following semester. Postponed written examination is held early in the following semester. See indicated sections in Regulations for examinations at the UiT The arctic university of Norway for more information.
Coursework requirements: Access to the final examination requires participation in laboratory exercises and submission of take-home examination.