På grunn av koronasituasjonen kan det bli endringer i undervisning og eksamen høsten 2020. Informasjon om eventuelle endringer, kunngjøres direkte til studenter som er oppmeldt i emnet.
BNS-2002 Nature Resource-Based Industries - 10 ECTS
Nordic applicants: Generell studiekompetanse. Admission procedures for foreign applicants, please read: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=351800
Admission code: 9199
The course provides an overview of natural resource-based businesses and industries in the Barents region and presents selected social science literature on natural resource management issues, specifically:
- Each business sector (fisheries, fish processors, aquaculture, tourism and oil) is considered, and its history and expected future development are described;
- The management regime governing the industries are presented and related to the general literature on natural resource management.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe natural resource-based industries in the North, their history and expected future development.
- Discuss resource management theory and practices.
- Analyse a resource management problem using the theoretical tools presented in the course.
- Analyse natural resource management issues on both global and regional levels.
- Apply a sufficiently established theoretical basis to the further reading of academic literature in the field.
Development of a term paper. The term paper has to be approved by the course-responsible teacher(s) before students are allowed to sit the final exam. Class attendance is obligatory (at least 75 %).
A final 4-hour school exam.
Grading scale; A-F, A is the highest mark; E is the lowest mark for a passing grade. F is a fail. Re-sit exam will be arranged for this course.
Guidelines for retaking examination see Regulations for examinations at the UiT, Chapter IV for Postponed, re-sit and extraordinary examinations, etc.https://en.uit.no/exams