På grunn av koronasituasjonen kan det bli endringer i undervisning og eksamen høsten 2020. Informasjon om eventuelle endringer, kunngjøres direkte til studenter som er oppmeldt i emnet.
SPL-3010 Culture, Politics and Planning - 10 ECTS
Bachelor degree in a social science subject is required as a general rule.
The minimum average grade requirement is:
- C - for bachelor¿s degree or equivalent issued in Europe, Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand
- B - for bachelor¿s degree or equivalent issued in all other countries
The course requires solid competence in reading and writing English.
Application code: 9371.
The students have the following learning outcomes:
The student has:
- A basic theoretical insight in challenges of development and North-South relations with special emphasis on aspects of culture and planning and the interfaces of culture and planning.
The student is able to:
- Make sense of historical and current perspectives on culture, knowledge production, social capital, gender and planning with relevance for development and NGOs.
- Competent application of theoretical and analytical concepts relevant to culture, planning and development
Obligatory attendance in 75 per cent of the lectures must be documented. Presentation of an article at a seminar.
The assessment method will consist of a 8-10-page (approximately 3500-4000 words) essay, to be written during home exam. Duration home exam: 1 week.
The Grade-scale goes from A (tope score) to E (pass) and F (fail). A re-sit exam will be arranged for this course
Date for examinationTake-home assignment hand out date 04.05.2020 hand in date 11.05.2020
The date for the exam can be changed. The final date will be announced in the StudentWeb early in May and early in November.