FSK-3005 Fisheries research and management - 10 ECTS
Students who successfully complete the course should:
- Understand various scientific approaches to the study of fisheries and aquaculture
- Learn and be able to demonstrate how to write scientific
- Have knowledge on how various fisheries are managed
- Be able to evaluate and choose various management measures adapted to different types of fisheries and aquaculture operations
- Have a general competence regarding the use of various fisheries and aquaculture management measures
Relevance in study program: This course constitutes a compulsory part of the Master's degree in International Fisheries Management. The objective of the course is to make the students familiar with the multidisciplinary approach to fisheries management through case studies, representing a variety of problems and challenges.
One week home exam with focus on a particular fishery or management problem.
The grading scale is A-F, where A-E is passed, and F is failed.
The production of a poster on a selected fishery organized as group work (2-3 students per case). The poster and the critical assessment of previous master thesis have to be produced before entering the final exam.
A re-sit exam will be arranged in the next semester.