På grunn av koronasituasjonen kan det bli endringer i undervisning og eksamen høsten 2020. Informasjon om eventuelle endringer, kunngjøres direkte til studenter som er oppmeldt i emnet.
BIO-2201 Bachelor's Thesis in Biology - 10 ECTS
The course requires basic knowledge in biology and ecology at university level. Basic knowledge in chemistry and mathematics is an advantage.
International applicants: Higher Education Entrance Qualification and certified language requirements in English. It is a requirement that students have some prior knowledge of biology and ecology, chemistry and mathematics. A list of the requirements for the Higher Education Entrance Qualification in Norway can be found on the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education website - nokut.no
- apply the knowledge gained from the study
- define a research topic
- examine literature and scientific information research within a certain biological discipline
- collect and examine relevant information
- choose analysis method
- create a readable presentation. The structure of the thesis is practically the same as an article in a scientific journal, which is; Table of contents, Abstract, Introduction, (Methods), Discussion, Conclusions, (Appendices) and References.
Deadlines for handing in the bachelor`s assignment: June 1 (spring semester) and December 18. (autumn semester). Grades: A-F, F is failed.
The assignment should be:
- approx. 20 pages including figures and tables when writing a literature review.
- approx. 20 pages including figures and tables when the thesis is a practical/experimental work.
Re-submission of the thesis: Only if a bachelor's thesis project is graded "F" (fail), may the thesis be resubmitted in revised form. A new deadline for submission will be given. The deadline for resubmitting the thesis is normally 3 months from the point in time when the candidate was informed about the exam result.