BIO-3504 Production and Growth in Polar Areas - 10 ECTS
Students that have completed Bio-3504 Production and Growth in Polar Areas will be able to:
- discriminate between biomass and production.
- explain the most important mechanisms that regulate production in the ocean.
- explain processes that link pelagic and benthic production
- evaluate how climate changes may affect marine production in high latitudes
- apply some of the major methods for measuring primary and secondary production.
- Design simple experiments to carry out on a research cruise
Abilities (generell kompetanse)
- Work independently and in collaboration with scientific topics
- Prepare a scientific topic for oral presentation
- present scientific results in written essays and reports
The exam will be assessed with a graded scale of five marks from A to E for pass and F for fail. The final grade for the course is based upon a complete evaluation of the various components in the portifolio assessment.
Re-sit exam: There will be a re-sit examination for students that did not pass the previous ordinary examination.