På grunn av koronasituasjonen kan det bli endringer i undervisning og eksamen høsten 2020. Informasjon om eventuelle endringer, kunngjøres direkte til studenter som er oppmeldt i emnet.
BED-2143 Project work with research methods / Dissertation - 15 ECTS
Project work with research methodology / Thesis. Open for students who have passed all exams at 1st and 2nd semester of Travel and Tourism Management.
1. KnowledgeAfter completing the course the candidate will:
- Have knowledge of how to carry out a research project
- Have knowledge of basic research methods
- Have knowledge of how to write and present a research thesis according to given academic standards
2. SkillsAfter completing the course the candidate should:
- Be able to plan and execute a research project
- Have the ability to identify a relevant problem statement
- Have the ability to analyze and discuss a problem statement by use of relevant theory and methodology.
- Have the ability to work on a comprehensive thesis and deliver an end-result according to given standards
- Be able to present the project both written and orally, in an understandable and timely manner
3. General competence
After completing the course the candidate:
- Have insights into how a written thesis within tourism research should be executed
- Is able to identify a range of research methods and datatypes that may be applied in dissertations and research projects.
- Is able to appreciate the consequences of methodological decisions
- Is able to analyze and discuss relevant problem statements of the tourism industry by using relevant theories.
The assessment of the project thesis will emphasise the relevance of the thesis statement for the participant. The project thesis will also be assessed on the basis of the professional and methodological quality of the work, and the extent to which the thesis fulfills the requirements of literature and source documentation. Finally, the project thesis will also be assessed on the basis of the expediency of the chosen methods in yielding insight into, and answers to, the problems discussed.
Examination consists of project work/thesis, followed by an oral examination.
The exams will be graded utilising a scale from A - F will whereby A is the best grade and F is failed.