BED-2035 Competitive Intelligence - 10 ECTS
This course can be taken as a singular course.
The course requires the presence on the campus that provides instruction in the subject. The course is not suitable for students who can not attend lessons, group work and the like.
Before students take this course, students must have taken a course in marketing. Eg. BED-1004 Marketing.
Students who have successfully completed the course should have achieved the following learning outcomes:
Knowledge and comprehension:
- Basic knowledge of Competitive Intelligence (CI) and how it can make improve a companys competitive edge.
- Basic theoretical skills of the external marketing areas a company should monitor to gain a competitive edge.
- Be able to define a company¿s Competitive Intelligence needs.
- Be able to carry out an analysis and make recommendations concerning a company¿s competition area.
- Be able to convey knowledge of Competitive Inelligence and analyse a company¿s needs and set up a CI-system to improve the competitive force.
- Have sufficient knowledge to be able to function as a CI-consultant or perform middle manager tasks in a marketing organisation.
Three mandatory tasks during the semester each counting 15 percent of the final grade (teamwork). A two hour written exam were the student turn in a written problem statement. Then a 24 hour home exam were the students answer their problem statement (counting 55 percent of final grade). A graded scale of five marks from A to E for pass and F for fail. There will be no re-sit exam for this course. Place of exam: Tromsø.
Language of examination is English.
Date for examinationHome exam (Based on the written problem statement) hand in date 13.06.2019
The date for the exam can be changed. The final date will be announced in the StudentWeb early in May and early in November.