REI-1001 Introduction to Arctic Adventure Tourism - 20 ECTS
- Has basic knowledge of different theoretical perspectives on tourism.
- Has knowledge of tourism as a business, including impacts on tourists, local and global society, service facilities and other tourism related services and offers.
- Has basic knowledge of the history and theories of social science, as well as models of humans and society.
The candidate is able to:
- Reflect on tourism as a field of study, and make use of basic literature on the subject.
- Apply relevant tourism theory to the tourism business field.
- Apply and comprehend methodological and theoretical competence within own studies.
- Understands central academic and professional ethical challenges in the tourism industry.
- Is able to convey basic academic material and sources used in today's tourism industry.
- Can reflect on new innovative tourism products, and tourism industry's role in the world, related to responsible and sustainable tourism contexts.
- Master critical thinking.
- 1 written individual assignment
- 1 written group assignment, including oral presentation
- 70% attendance
Required attendance, including participation in the excursion, and assignments must be approved in order to take the exam.
- Individual, written school exam. Duration: 6 hours.
Grades: A - E for passed exam, F for failed. Possibility of resit exam in case of F.